Google

Monday, July 9, 2007

PERSONAL COLLECTION #3: Sigma 6 FIREFLY

Guess what? Yeah, another toy review. Hey, it's either this or I could blog about the stuff I ate at someone's party like some people do, but that's just not me. Who cares about what I ate? Why should anybody care about what I ate? And why should I give a (expletive deleted, rhymes with "buck") about what other people ate?

So what's with the cocky attitude, one might ask?

Well, cockiness is what this character has lots of. Codename? Firefly. A saboteur and mercenary who offers his services to Cobra in the ARAH storyline -- yes, he is not a member of Cobra and as such, has to be paid by Cobra Commander after every mission.

Though in the Sigma 6 storyline, he initially sides with the Joes; unbeknownst to all his Sigma 6 teammates and his superior, Lt. Stone, that he is actually a Cobra spy. Firefly traps the Sigma 6 team and turns them over to Cobra. He then shaves his head as a sign of loyalty to Cobra and, after a climactic battle with Lt. Stone, leaves with Cobra Commander.

Going back to the action figure, I can say that the body was molded to a straightforward Sigma 6 style suit. What sets this apart though, are those unique looking boots and shoulder pads which I think makes him stand out among his Sigma 6 teammates.

And that head sculpt -- that face molded into a cocky grin with that evil-looking soulpatch. He's a bad guy all right.

The paint scheme for this figure is an attractive black / reddish orange combination which fits his personality since he's mostly into explosives.

As for his accessories, I like the elastic webgear and his removable hockey mask. The elbow and knee armor also give another dimension to this figure and lets him stand out among his Sigma 6 "teammates".

His weapons include a submachinegun with a removable magazine, two "flame sticks", and a spin-trap device. In my opinion, I would have liked it more if this figure came with two SMG's instead of just one. And those flame sticks kinda remind me of Star Wars, so I don't really know whether to like them or not.

What I find useless is the spring action spin-trap device that is included with this figure. I have no idea how he would be able to lug around such a large weapon in battle. I think it would've been better if he came with some explosive and incendiary devices instead of that clumsy-looking spring action spin trap thing.

Overall, this is easily one of my favorites in my Sigma 6 figure collection. I highly recommend this figure, especially at it's price point, and is a must-have for everybody's 8-inch Sigma 6 collection.


No comments: