Google

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Bashing the TRANSFORMERS Movie Bashers

I never really go to every new movie being shown, because I hate crowds. That, and the fact that I only like a handful of movies. But there will be times when I would bear being in line among a mass of human flesh, just to see, or experience, something good. This movie was one of those times. In fact, this was only the second time this year, that I had to do the "queueing thing" (the first being Spiderman 3).

Granted, that the film had it's flaws. But I didn't go and watch it with the expectations that it was going to be THE perfect, most intellectually-provoking movie of the year. I went to see it, to have FUN. And what fun it was to see these robots come into 3D life in the big screen.

Now, I don't give a flying broomstick as to what the naysaying, nitpicking critics have to say about the film. This film, for me, was about fun. Live action robo-fun. If they want to see something purely intellectual, then they should stick to watching documentaries. If they want to see old-school, first generation Transformers, they should stick to watching the cartoon movies and episodes. Don't go and spoil the fun for us.

No comments: