Google

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

NOSTALGIA: My Very First Rock Album

I was seven years old when my dad brought this album home, for me. When other kids were still listening to kiddie stuff, I was already having my first taste of rock music.

It has been 28 years since that summer night when I first played this album on my grandma's turntable, but I can still remember the first time I heard My Sharona's drum intro on her old "quadrophonic" audio system. Lols.

That drum line was what made me want to become a drummer. Their music taught me to like rock music.

It has been 28 years. Their drummer has died, the lead vocalist has to undergo brain surgery to remove some tumors, and My Sharona is still on the list of my favorite rock songs.



And I still haven't gotten that drum part down pat.



No comments: