Google

Sunday, July 1, 2007

2nd VIRRA MALL TOYS and COLLECTIBLES EXHIBIT

Three words: "what happened here?!" I got to the mall where the event was being held, at around 5pm, expecting throngs of hobbyists, collectors, fanboys and what-have-yous -- much like what I had encountered during the ToyCon at Megamall. I saw a pretty chick with henna tattoos on her cute face walk past by, but she wasn't wearing anything special -- just a shirt on and... shorts (nice legs!). LOL

I also expected tons of Marvel- and DC-related product on display.

I saw the opposite.

There were some cosplayers on the makeshift stage/ramp, just chatting with their fellows. Other cosplayers were inspecting the toys.

So, what were the toys on display?

First of all, I thought I went to a different event. The stage backdrop was Transformers The Movie. WTF?!! So why put Marvel and DC characters in the tarps and on the website in the first place?

I expected Marvel- and DC- themed cosplayers. All I saw were anime cosplayers.

I was expecting numerous Marvel & DC figures and dios on the exhibitors' tables. But there were more non-superhero related merchandise on display.

Good thing admission was free. Though I had to endure traffic just to get there.

Rating: 1 / 5 (a "1" for that cute chick with face henna)

No comments: