Google

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Suspense Is Killing Me

It has been announced again by our employer, that we WILL be paid THIS coming Tuesday. Whew! Finally!! What a relief!!!

NOT!

Because, you see, after all these weeks of the CEO crying wolf, we have grown indifferent of all the broken promises. Irreparable damage has been dealt, especially to the morale of the company's personnel, and some of us have decided to jump ship and look for greener and more stable pastures.

Not only that, some of us have damaged the trust we have tried to maintain with the people we owe money from.

Just take into account my own tribulation these past six weeks: I now owe the cellphone company two months worth of bills and managed to have my line temporarily cut off. I owe overdue rent for the room I'm renting, and also some significant amount of money to a colleague I had taken out a loan from, last October. And I've been practically living in the office premises for this past week.

I have yet to pay for some items at eBay which I had won LAST MONTH, and for this, my Feedback Rating is now in danger of being given several non-paying bidder strikes which will mar the otherwise flawless Rating that I have tried to maintain for the past sixteen months.

So once we get the money, most of it will only go to our payables. Just like an outdoor breeze briefly grazing one's skin.

On the (somewhat) good side, being broke for the past one and a half month taught me a lesson as well. It has taught me to cast off my attachment to the material side of life. It gave me the courage to downsize my growing action figure collection, to only the figures that I really like. It has taught me to let go of the excess, and keep those that are really dear to me.

But then again, I had to sell even some of the ones I like that were really hard to find -- those that had me spending time and money hunting for.

So it's back to square one with the hunt, and I've got a lot of catching up to do.


3 comments:

kellecker said...

You're right. The past two months served as a lesson to value my hard-earned money. Twas a learning experience alright. But I'm glad we all still have each other...and that we were strong enough to go through the suffering.

I just wish they don't have to let us go through it AGAIN. lol

Unknown said...

Just stay strong like you've always been. Don't worry about the broken promises anymore and look forward. You'll get through this, Ron. You will. *smile*

Ronnstein said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Jodie. :)