Google

Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Chance To Escape From It All

I guess I need a break from all the work-related ranting I have been doing ever since this year started. Sad to say that our office woes haven't been completely given a solution, and this feeling of uncertainty as to how much longer we will have work looms over us like a dark cloud.

If I only had a choice, I would spend at least a year unemployed, kick back at home and spend time on my hobbies. But I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. So much for wishful thinking.

Though I despise summer, it is going to creep in anytime soon and I will again be having a hard time breathing the hot air (I have asthma). I never really looked forward to summer, except maybe when I was still just a kid and summer meant no school for about two months. But way back then the asthma had already been with me, though no school meant one less thing to worry about everyday so I guess it was a fair trade for "freedom".

"No more classes, no more books. No more teachers' dirty looks," as the line of a once popular song went - though it was immortalized in my mind by Bugs Bunny. I didn't get the "dirty looks" part, though. Must've been a lot of lecherous teachers in that school.

And so summer will be a-coming in soon. With this, the thoughts of the majority of the population will converge on one single idea: to cool off in a beach or resort somewhere in one of this country's several popular summer destinations.

Which could only mean one thing: all these popular summer destinations will once again be crowded. And I hate being in the middle of a mass of human flesh - I just can't get to relax in a crowded place. So, if you are also like me, who would like to relax but would like things to be, uhm, less crowded, I have got a suggestion for you:

Somewhere south of the Philippines is a travel destination that has not yet become a
cliché unlike Puerto Galera, Boracay, Subic or wherever, and is still as pure and as untainted as can be. This paradise is located in Camarines Sur and so, if you and your friends or family would like to experience something new this summer, why not visit Caramoan?

I'm not going to spill the beans right here; so if you would like to know more about this "secret destination", kindly visit The Caramoan Blog. My friend will be more than happy to entertain your queries.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish we could all go to Caramoan. Wheee!