Google

Monday, January 7, 2008

2008

Time flies so fast, another year has come. I never realized I haven't been posting for some time now. New Year's resolutions? None, frankly. Because it seems that the more I set goals, the higher the chances that I won't be achieving any of them.

I've become too preoccupied with eBay. That, and more than a half-dozen or so action figure forums I joined during the last half of 2007. I've gotten myself hooked with action figure collecting once again, after dumping my Mini4WD hobby last year.

Collections can get expensive, but quite rewarding. Especially the hunt for those hard-to-find "hot" items and variants. And so while I am at work, I also have another internet browser open besides my already-busy Mozilla with 30+ tabs simultaneously open (for work purposes) just so I can monitor what's being posted up on eBay.

And then there's the action figure collectors' forums I've joined. Most of the time I just read all the silliness that gets posted up or contribute some knowledge or helpful information to those who are in need, and learn some as well. Sometimes I even post my items up for sale. But for all the haggling and no-shows I've encountered in the forums, I've decided to keep my selling strictly at the 'Bay.

Ahhhh... eBay. All was well until our paychecks at work started to get delayed. And as of this posting, we haven't been paid our salary for the whole month of December, plus the remainder of our 13th month bonus and 5 days' worth of unused vacation leave.

What makes things worse, is that I am currently stuck with 6 eBay auction items that I have won last month which have yet to be paid. All because of my employer's promises that our money will arrive "next week". The next thing we know, "next week" has now been more than a month, and our payables have started to pile up. Rent's overdue, and so is my cellphone bill (my line got cut off yesterday). And the 6 eBay items I have yet to pay for? My account is in danger of being given several simultaneous non-paying bidder strikes.

So much for that 100% positive feedback rating that I've worked so hard for, since September 2006.

What a way to end 2007.

What a way to start 2008.

1 comment:

kellecker said...

I am sorry about that big bro. If only I could do something to help.

You are not alone. Everything's f*cked up with work now. I know we are all demoralized with what they're doing.

With that, I'd laugh 'em off with our "I are baboon" inside jokes with vin...LOL!

I hope this time, next week REALLY IS next week...