Google

Thursday, September 13, 2007

There Is No Cure For Stupidity

So there I was, grabbing some food to eat at my favorite pizza place, just a few hours before writing this. I placed an order for a slice of Supreme Pan pizza and half a spaghetti in tomato sauce.

As I was about to approach the counter to pay for my order, a crew asked what drink I would like to go with my food.

Crew (smiling): "Sir, what drink would you like?"

Me (smiling back): "Uhm... Iced tea, please."

Crew: "Large?"

Me: "Uhm... Regular."

Crew: "Large only, sir."

Me: "SO WHY THE FUCK DID YOU HAVE TO ASK ME FOR THE SIZE, WHEN THERE IS ONLY ONE FUCKING SIZE AVAILABLE?!!"

And the restaurant stood still.

Actually, that last sentence was just in my imagination. I did not yell at the poor crew, but I honestly almost snapped with that stupid remark/question. I cannot see the need to ask for options when there is actually no other option available. It just wastes time. My time. Their time. And the other people in line.

Just like the saying goes, "common sense is not so common."

No comments: