Google

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mall Security Is A Joke

I recently borrowed an acquaintance's Marui Colt MkIV Centimeter Master Airsoft pistol, to try and see if I can help him sell it (and gain a little profit on the side). It came with a carrying case and looked pretty much like a legit gun.


But before I could go to the office, I had to go to the nearby mall because they were having a midnight sale event. I wanted to see how much of a discount they were giving on G.I. Joe Sigma 6 that night (which was a bit of a disappointment, since they only gave 10%).

Then I remembered I was carrying this gun inside my bag.

And since there wasn't any place where I could leave my bag other than the package counters located INSIDE the department stores - which were, in turn, INSIDE the mall itself - I decided to just go on in and see if mall security would notice (I must be rather bored with my life that night).

Turns out that after all those detectors and security frisking me and inspecting my bag (I was going in and coming out of the mall several times), they were either too lazy and/or stupid to notice that I had a rather noticeably heavy pistol case inside my bag. That, or they trust my smile too much.

Now, what if I had a real gun and decided to shoot people inside the mall or hold up a store or a group of people? What would have been the consequence for all the shoppers inside the mall during that crowded Friday night?

1 comment:

kellecker said...

Well...this happens. I even brought my derringer NBB thrice in a mall and a Bolt Action Sniper Rifle Replica in a hotel/business center once but it seems no one noticed it...

i think some guards really don't know what they are actually looking for... duh!