Google

Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Simpsons Movie


Feeling like I was carrying the world's boredom on my shoulders yesterday during my off day from work, I decided to forcibly pick myself up off the bed and go outside. But since there was nothing new at the toy and hobby shops, it felt like my window shopping was unexpectedly cut short.

I wanted to rent a PlayStation 2 at the mall to while away my time and let the remainder of the day pass, but realizing how ridiculous E.G.G. (Extreme Gaming Grounds) charge per hour (P80 to P100) and I had no energy to travel all the way to San Pedro, Laguna where the hourly rate would be a lot cheaper (P20 per hour, but then the transportation expenses would total to an additional P100 or so), I decided to catch a flick instead.

So off I went to QUAD in Makati, to watch The Simpsons Movie.

Being an occasional viewer of the tv show, all I can say is that the movie was nothing special really. It was like watching one long episode of the show. But it was indeed edgier and funnier, compared to the episodes shown on television. The most memorable (and funniest) scenes for me was the Itchy and Scratchy portion during the beginning of the movie, and Bart's nude skateboarding stunt ("We thank the Lord for this bountiful... PENIS!!!"). Green Day's appearance at the beginning was also cool.

Was it worth the P120 ticket price? I do think it was better spent watching that movie rather than giving it to the capitalists of E.G.G. or traveling all the way to Laguna to play some PS2 games.

And at the end of the film when the credits begin to roll, Maggie utters her very first word: "sequel?" Hehe... Why not, Maggie, why not?

No comments: