Google

Monday, August 13, 2007

NOSTALGIA: Star Wars Action Figures

Here are pictures of what was once my collection: vintage Star Wars action figures. Looking back, it's rather funny how their articulation was so basic during those days: five points (and on some figures, four points) of articulation - neck, arms and legs. So there wasn't much fun in posing these figures, but they were one of the coolest toys back then.


This Hammerhead was my very first Star Wars action figure. I now do not know what came over me, to buy such a horrible looking toy. Ugh. It could likely be my utter desperation to own a Star Wars action figure, just when all the good ones were no longer in stock. Blame it to my folks' "award before reward" b.s., wherein I have to show very good grades at school before they decide to buy me cool toys -- after much begging and pleading at that.






One of my favorites in my Star Wars figure collection was this Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot. I especially liked how this figure looked.

And, strangely, this came with some kind of sweet-smelling citrus scent which stayed on the figure for so many years. I never had an idea what it was. Even up to now.







Third one in my collection was this Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot figure. It was another Boba Fett-less day as I scoured the toy shops, so I had to settle for this one.












This AT-AT Driver was my second favorite Star Wars action figure. It came with a nice-looking rifle but just like the Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot that I had, its head did not turn. Bummer.










After being frustrated for such a long time with that Boba Fett figure, this was the LAST Star Wars figure I bought. I got tired of the limited articulation anyways, so I decided that I might as well stop this obsession and move on to other ones. *lol*











Boba Fett. This is the action figure that was ever so elusive.

I never had one, and I don't think I'll ever do.

2 comments:

kellecker said...

that is so ol' school! *giggles*

OT: parang siya hindi maraming page views. hehe!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! i have the boba fett one! it used to be my dads but he gave it to me!