Google

Monday, July 30, 2007

Ferrari On Fi-yahhhhh!!!

Whew! After a blogging "drought"...

It's just an amazing coincidence that a friend and I actually saw this car whiz by Buendia Avenue in Makati City, the same morning before this happened at the South Luzon Expressway:

"Isn't it a bit too early to start a bonfire?"


White Honda Civic: "Betcha I can outrun you now..!"

Guy at left, to the two other guys: "Hey, guys! Good thing I brought some marshmallows!"


Orange, red and black IS an attractive color combination...


Up in smoke goes a $200,000 piece of precision equipment.

What's even more of an amazing coincidence is that this is most likely the very same car I took some pictures of, during the car show last March, 2007.


Guy in white shirt: "I knew I should've given that old woman the WHOLE Fita biscuit..." (inside joke)


Asche zu Asche...

From an article in Wikipedia: "The F430 has displayed a notable engine irradiation problem for early model years. This issue regards an engine-overheating flaw which caused a fire in the engine bay, usually leading to the destruction of the car. The catalyst for the fire is the sustained high-RPM work of the engine. The massive heat exhaust flowing through the exhaust manifold may come in contact to a variety of hoses or oil perspiration which act as the fuel for the combustion."

Might not be a work of "precision" after all.

From what I've read in several forums, Ferrari was to send someone to investigate the cause of the fire and, if found to be entirely a defect, will replace the car 100% free of charge.

Except, perhaps, for the taxes in importing the vehicle over to Philippine soil.

But if I were the car's owner, I wouldn't worry too much about the taxes. I bet with that kind of money, to be able to afford a vehicle such as this in the first place, he'd most likely know some powerful people working at the Bureau of Customs. So it won't be a big deal for him, bringing them Customs big guys over to some exclusive club and giving 'em some "freebies".

Good thing that it wasn't a Porsche or a Lamborghini, 'coz then I'd be upset. Ferrari? Meh.

1 comment:

Andy W said...

damn! amazing photos after the wreck