Google

Monday, February 18, 2008

Stupidity At It's Lowest


18 February 2007:

At around 11am this morning, after going to the bank to withdraw some funds I went to LBC Walter Mart Pasong Tamo which is located near where I live, to have some eBay items I managed to sell mailed out to their respective buyers. It had been agreed upon the night before, that I would have their items sent via LBC instead because: 1) they live at a very considerable distance from where I reside, and 2) my hectic - and unpredictable - work schedule severely limits my ability to make any meet-up transactions.

I consider myself a regular customer at that LBC branch, having used their services for a number of times in the past to ship out my eBay items to out-of-town buyers. I never had any unfavorable experience with their staff. They were friendly and would often start a conversation with me regarding my eBay items, which consist mostly of action figures and mini4wd cars.

Not until this morning.

I had - via eBay auction - successfully sold some G.I. Joe Sigma 6 action figures and, as I have mentioned earlier, was about to have them mailed out to their respective buyers. Entering that LBC branch I noticed that the staff that I have gotten used to taking care of my packages weren't there. Instead, there was a lone woman taking care of the branch and all it's usual business activities.

I asked her for a quote - how much the shipping cost would be - and showed her the items. She asked what items they were. I unrolled the bubble wrap that protected two of the action figures that were also placed inside individual ZipLoc bags. And then she saw the Sigma 6 equipment locker where I kept the figures' accessories so they would not get misplaced. I obliged and she inspected the contents.

And then she saw the guns:


Not real guns - not even replicas - and most definitely, not airsoft BB guns.

And so, with the conviction of an intelligent being, she flatly tells me: "bawal ito" ("these aren't allowed").

Me: "Ano?!" ("What?!")
Dumb Clerk (sternly): "Bawal ang mga ito." ("These are prohibited.")
Me: "Bakit bawal?" ("Why are they prohibited?")
DC (power-tripping tone in her voice): "Bawal ang mga baril." ("Guns are not allowed.")
Me: "Hindi naman totoong baril 'yan, at ang liliit pa! Bakit ipagbabawal 'yan?!" ("Those aren't even real guns, and they are so tiny! Why should they be prohibited?!")
DC: "Basta bawal ang mga baril." ("Because guns are prohibited.")

Wanting to smack this person upside her head, to try shaking an iota of intelligence into her, I realized it would only create some kind of disturbance inside the LBC branch. Instead, I put back the items inside my sling bag and stormed out of the place.

Feeling so pissed off, I went to an internet cafe upstairs and logged into LBC's website. I filed a customer complaint but, up until now (it's already 8pm) I have not even received an email notifying me that they have read my complaint. So what else is new? This is the very same shit I experienced with this cunt-ry's Labor Department.

By the way, just to let you all know how "big" these "guns" where, here is a scale comparison:


They're so tiny they wouldn't have even created a small bump on her head if I had ever thought of throwing these at her! These "guns" are made of rather soft plastic, without even a working mechanism inside. I've seen jeweler's screwdrivers creating more damage than what these could do!

And so, thanks to these stupid lady clerk, I have to travel tomorrow morning to the Megamall in Mandaluyong and then to Gateway in Cubao, just to meet these customers and then travel back to Makati afterwards so I can go to work.

So far, this has got to be the most stupid human being that I have come across.

No wonder this country is in shambles.


2 comments:

vin said...

good Lord, that's the dummest thing i've ever heard. haha

how can you even shoot a person with a gun that small??

kellecker said...

Talk about stupidity...Hahaha!
Gusto mo kuya next time, puntahan natin...tapos itutok natin ang baril sa kanya..para malaman nya difference between a toy gun and the real deal? LOL! Just kidding...

btw, were you able to get hold of her name?

whooossssaaaahhhhhhh...