Google

Saturday, November 3, 2007

First Post for November

And hopefully, this won't be the last post this month. :) I seem to always get sidetracked with all the things I have to do at work. Though browsing while on duty is still allowed, I spend most of my surfing time nowadays searching for good deals at eBay, trying to snipe some good items at the very last minute and selling some items as well.

Looking back at my younger years, the 31st of October and November 1st were always something I would look forward to. Halloween was kind of a fun day for me and my childhood best buddy, Patrick. We weren't planning to go trick-or-treating in the evening, but more of creating mischief in the neighborhood by trying to scare those who were actually trick-or-treating. Or give them the creeps at the very least.

We would always be dressed up as ninjas - which was our favorite costume back then - and we'd try to sneak into and through the neighbors' lots as much as possible, without getting detected by the homeowner. Or their pets. If we were to do the same thing at our age nowadays, I think it would already be trespassing and we'd most likely get our asses arrested and charged.

And on the morning of November 1, me and my "family" (long and different story, those quotation marks) would go to my grandma's grave at the memorial park. A couple of times, best buddy Patrick was also there to join us. We'd put up a tarpaulin tent early and spend the rest of the day there. It was pretty much like a picnic, and also served as some sort of a "pre-Christmas reunion" for me and my relatives. It was fun way back then, though I don't know now. Is it just me, or is the sun hotter today than it was during my younger days? Must be all the pollutants mankind has dumped into this sorry planet that's wreaking havoc with the environment.

Times have definitely changed, and I spent Halloween and November 1st this year - and last year, and the years before that - at work. Patrick now lives at the southern end of the country with his very own family, I've moved to a rented room near the business district (I still haven't a family of my own), and we're both too old to be roaming around the neighborhood dressed as ninjas. I also lost my patience to wade through a mass of living human flesh at the memorial park and yes, I do think the sun has gotten much hotter than it used to.

And when the day was over , we'd be heading home and my thoughts would then be on...

December!

No comments: